28.1716, Jobs: Syntax: Post Doc, University of Vienna

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 7 17:36:03 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1716. Fri Apr 07 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1716, Jobs: Syntax: Post Doc, University of Vienna

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 13:35:54
From: Peter Hallman [peter.hallman at univie.ac.at]
Subject: Syntax: Post Doc, University of Vienna, Austria

University or Organization: University of Vienna
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Vienna, Austria
Web Address: http://linguistik.univie.ac.at
Job Title: Post Doc in Syntax
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Syntax

Applications are invited for a one-year post-doctoral position in syntax at
the University of Vienna, Austria. The appointment is full time and begins
July 1, 2017.

The position is part of a research project that investigates parallels between
the double object alternation (I gave Mary the keys - I gave the keys to Mary)
and the cross linguistic dichotomy between languages that express possession
with a transitive verb (Mary has the keys) and those that express it with a
preposition (to Mary are the keys). The candidate will work in this area and
will ideally have some background in it, in argument structure, or in a
language with prepositional possessive constructions.

The position requires a PhD in theoretical linguistics, which must be in hand
at the start date, and the candidate must work full time in Vienna. Non-EU
citizens require a Austrian residence permit.

Applications must be submitted by April 30, 2017, and should include:
- a cover letter detailing any relevant qualifications, particularly any prior
work in the area of the research project (either possession and/or double
object constructions specifically or argument structure, case theory, scope
configurations or other potentially related issues in general)
- a curriculum vitae
- one sample research paper
- names and contact information of two potential referees.

Please send application materials by April 30 as an email attachment to Peter
Hallman at peter.hallman at univie.ac.at, to whom any questions should also be
directed.

Application Deadline: 30-Apr-2017

Email Address for Applications: peter.hallman at univie.ac.at
Contact Information:
	Dr. Peter Hallman
	Email: peter.hallman at univie.ac.at

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.