28.1771, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Translation/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 11 22:01:44 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1771. Tue Apr 11 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1771, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Translation/Poland

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:01:32
From: Paweł Zakrajewski [pawel.zakrajewski at go2.pl]
Subject: Third Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars

Full Title: Third Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
Short Title: SMYS

Date: 16-Nov-2017 - 18-Nov-2017
Location: Szczyrk, Poland
Contact Person: Dagmara Gałajda
Meeting Email: smys.yrism.2017 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://smys.yrism.us.edu.pl/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 31-May-2017

Meeting Description:

SMYS participant information:

The organisers of SMYS wish to encourage PhD candidates to present their
contributions as well as to participate without a paper in the workshops and
discussions. With this Conference, we would like to promote research projects
of young linguists at the beginning of their career as well as to help younger
and less experienced scholars with their theses. Therefore, we would like to
invite all PhD candidates who share an interest in linguistics and its
sub-fields to attend. As the Conference will cover a variety of themes, we
hope to attract young researchers investigating in the fields of applied
linguistics, translation studies and psycholinguistics. All those wishing to
contribute papers or just to attend workshops are welcome to participate in
the Conference.

The following thematic Ph.D. workshops will be chaired and facilitated by:

Linguistics: Piotr Mamet, Adam Wojtaszek
Translation: Andrzej Łyda, Krystyna Warchał
Applied linguistics/SLA/Teacher training: Danuta Gabryś-Barker, Mirosław
Pawlak, Maria Wysocka
Multlingualism: Jean-Marc Dewaele, Danuta Gabryś-Barker, Pilar Safont

Call for Papers:

To take part in the above sessions, please send a 300-word description of your
thesis proposal, which will then be presented by you (20 minutes) and
discussed with the facilitators and other PhD students during the workshop.

Paper abstracts (300 words) with a title SMYS 2017 should be sent by 31 May
2017 to our e-mail address: smys.yrism.2017 at gmail.com

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/