28.1793, Fund Drive: Top 10 Non-USA Universities in Donations to the LINGUIST List (2017)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 12 19:30:11 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1793. Wed Apr 12 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1793, Fund Drive: Top 10 Non-USA Universities in Donations to the LINGUIST List (2017)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:29:59
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear Linguists of the world,

In our recent Challenge updates, we've focused on the top Universities to have
collectively donated to the LINGUIST List. Most of these are in the USA. But
in so doing we feel that we have left out a very important part of our donors,
who deserve a special thanks. Today, we are publicly announcing our gratitude
to the people who have collectively donated from their non-USA Universities to
the LINGUIST List! Here is the current top 10. A special acknowledgement goes
out from us to our most generous University, North-West University, South
Africa, who is the only represented Campus from Africa on our donation page as
well as being the one with the highest donation outside of the USA (and in
front of many USA universities, Number 6 overall)!

1) North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle campuses, South
Africa
2) University of Toronto, Canada
3) Simon Fraser University, Canada
4) Carleton University, Canada
5) Universität Konstanz, Germany
6) Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
7) University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
8) University of Potsdam, Germany
9) University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU, Spain
10) Universität Innsbruck, Austria

Don't forget that you can still add to these numbers, and to the other
Universities, by donating on this page: https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Thank you to our very international donors! We are excited to see that our
small office in Indiana reaches out the entire world. If you haven't already,
please consider joining this global project!

https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

-- the LINGUIST List team

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.