28.1880, We're so close! Donate now to Meet our Advisors Challenge!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 20 19:24:22 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1880. Thu Apr 20 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1880, We're so close! Donate now to Meet our Advisors Challenge!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:24:13
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear Linguists,

We've now been running the Advisors' Challenge since the beginning of the
week, and you have only three more days to participate - so far, our advisors
have been more generous than our readers! What is the Advisors' Challenge?
Glad you asked!

Our board of advisors had originally generously pledged to donate $3600 to the
LINGUIST List, on one condition: our readers need to DOUBLE that amount. But
we thought that might be a bit too humble a goal for our readers... because we
think you could even TRIPLE that. After all, there are 30,000 of you, and only
54 of them!

Now, our advisors are being more generous than you are, because they have
already risen their match! They will donate $4,575 on the condiation that you,
our readers, collectively reach the sum of $40 000 - and guess what? We area
already at $33 930! For us, this sounds like a huge leap forward. But for all
of you together, we are already so close!

So now we ask you–do you think you can meet the challenge and prove to our
advisors that we have an exceptionally generous readership? We believe in you!
If only 1 for every 30 of you donate $10, we would be there in now time! So
please support us, and visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/to join the
challenge TODAY.

Thank you for your support!

-- The LINGUIST List crew

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.