28.3423, Confs: Philosophy of Lang, Pragmatics, Psycholing, Semantics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 16 16:42:04 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3423. Wed Aug 16 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3423, Confs: Philosophy of Lang, Pragmatics, Psycholing, Semantics/Germany

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:41:54
From: Stephanie Solt [stephanie.solt at gmail.com]
Subject: Sinn und Bedeutung 22

Sinn und Bedeutung 22
Short Title: SuB22

Date: 07-Sep-2017 - 10-Sep-2017
Location: Potsdam/Berlin, Germany
Contact: Stephanie Solt
Contact Email: sub22 at posteo.de
Meeting URL: https://sinnundbedeutung22.wordpress.com

Linguistic Field(s): Philosophy of Language; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Semantics

Meeting Description:

The Leibniz-Zentrum Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft (ZAS) and the University of
Potsdam are pleased to announce the 22nd Sinn und Bedeutung (SuB) conference.
SuB has in recent years emerged as the biggest venue for formal semantics and
pragmatics representing the full breadth of the field, and we aim to maintain
this tradition.

Invited Speakers:

Amy Rose Deal (Berkeley)
Danny Fox (MIT)
Louise McNally (UPF)
Philippe Schlenker (IJN Paris / CNRS)

The conference will feature a special session on Semantics and Natural Logic,
which will gather philosophers and linguists to explore the interaction
between language and natural logic.

Invited Speakers for Special Session:

Márta Abrusán (IRIT Toulouse / CNRS)
Hannes Leitgeb (LMU Munich)

There will also be a satellite workshop on Microvariation in Semantics on
September 6, 2017 (to be announced separately).

The main session of SuB will take place at the modern Griebnitzsee campus of
the University of Potsdam, easily reached from the center of Berlin. Other
events will be in central Berlin.

Program:

Sinn und Bedeutung 22 is hosted by the Leibniz-Zentrum Allgemeine
Sprachwissenschaft (ZAS) and the Linguistics Department of the University of
Potsdam.

The conference will feature oral presentations in three parallel sessions, a
poster session, a pre-event workshop “Microvariation in Semantics” and a
special session “Semantics and Natural Logic“.

The final program is now available on the conference website:

https://sinnundbedeutung22.wordpress.com/schedule/

The early registration deadline for SuB22 is August 20.  Thanks to generous
support from the German Science Foundation (DFG), we have been able to keep
registration fees low, and in particular subsidize participation by students
and scholars with low income.

Registration is possible via the following link:

https://sinnundbedeutung22.wordpress.com/registration/

We kindly ask those planning to attend to register as soon as possible. Please
also encourage students and colleagues not on this list to do so.