28.3566, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Knowledge Engineer, Neva.ai

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 29 18:51:55 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3566. Tue Aug 29 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3566, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Knowledge Engineer, Neva.ai

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:51:50
From: Naghi Prasad [naghi at neva.ai]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Knowledge Engineer, Neva.ai, California, USA

University or Organization: Neva.ai
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.neva.ai
Job Title: Linguistic Knowledge Engineer
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Neva.ai is an early stage venture funded startup in Menlo Park, California
that is disrupting the way customer support is delivered. Are you interested
in joining a startup where you can play a crucial role in designing and
building state-of-art AI products vs. being a cog in the wheel in big groups
at big companies? Do you have what it takes to solve challenging AI problems &
build cutting edge AI products? Would you like to be a part of a small elite
team of AI engineers in Silicon Valley that is building one of the most
advanced AI systems for automating enterprise business processes?

We have an opportunity for a Linguist or a Natural Language Processing
Scientist to play a key role in developing a high-profile AI platform in use
by many of the world’s most-respected organizations. The ideal candidate will
have experience in developing natural language processing and understanding
systems in different contexts such as information retrieval, intelligent
agents, spoken dialog systems or recommendation systems.

Desired Skills:

- PhD, MS or equivalent experience in Linguistics or Computational
Linguistics.
- Impressive projects in linguistic knowledge engineering or generation of
ontologies or related fields
- Passion for challenging the status quo and translating novel ideas into
products
- Experience in scripting, preferably using Python.

Why you should apply:

- AI for automating enterprise business processes is a huge opportunity.
You’ll have an opportunity to be a pioneer in a field that will define how
machines and humans interact for the next decade or more.
- Unique opportunity to join a venture-funded AI startup founded by seasoned
serial entrepreneurs which is still in early stages (Series A)
- You will be tackling some of the most exciting problems at the cutting edge
of NLP/ Linguistics/Knowledge Engineering and AI, in general.
- You will be surrounded by passionate entrepreneurs who have lots of
experience in solving real world AI problems! We’re a small, tight-knit team
doing big things.
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability
to solve hard problems. We reward innovation, creativity, initiative and
teamwork.

Join us to define the new boundaries of AI and have plenty of fun along the
way. We process immigration for qualified candidates.

Email Address for Applications: naghi at neva.ai
Contact Information:
	CEO Naghi Prasad
	Email: naghi at neva.ai