28.5047, Calls: Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 1 16:46:04 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5047. Fri Dec 01 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5047, Calls: Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 11:45:57
From: Karoline Kaon [kkaon1 at binghamton.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics Winter Conference

Full Title: Applied Linguistics Winter Conference

Date: 14-Apr-2018 - 14-Apr-2018
Location: New York City, USA
Contact Person: Karoline Kaon
Meeting Email: 2018_cochairs at alwc.nystesol.org

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

Call Deadline: 22-Jan-2018

Meeting Description:

39th Annual Applied Linguistics Winter Conference (2018 ALWC)

The theme for this year’s conference is Culturally Relevant Pedagogy.

This conference provides our colleagues to show us their student centered
approach with a focus on promoting and nurturing the student's’ identity
within the institution, the classroom or at home.

Call for Papers:

We invite proposals for 30-minute presentations (20-minute talk and 10-minute
Q&A), and 40-minute workshops on original research or pedagogical practices.
We also invite proposals for poster presentations, all of which will be
displayed for a one-hour session. Poster presentations are intended to be a
format for reports of work in progress. Although preference will be given to
proposals related to the conference theme, submissions relevant to applied
linguistics are still encouraged.

We invite all teachers, researchers, and students to submit a proposal for the
conference consideration.

Submit your proposals online at https://form.jotform.com/73304222297149 .

          http://multitree.org/