28.5119, Calls: Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Doc, Pragmatics, Socioling/Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 5 19:38:38 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5119. Tue Dec 05 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5119, Calls: Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Doc, Pragmatics, Socioling/Czech Republic

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 14:38:31
From: Tomáš Doischer [tomas.p.doischer at gmail.com]
Subject: Linguistics Prague 2018

Full Title: Linguistics Prague 2018
Short Title: LP18

Date: 26-Apr-2018 - 28-Apr-2018
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Tomáš Doischer
Meeting Email: linguistics.prague at ff.cuni.cz
Web Site: http://linguisticsprague.ff.cuni.cz/

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 11-Dec-2017

Meeting Description:

We invite graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to the second
international edition of the conference Linguistics Prague (formerly
Lingvistika Praha).

Linguistics Prague is a conference aimed at graduate students of linguistics
and related fields. Successfully running since 2013, the conference will be
opened to international audience for the second time in 2018 with English as
the language of the conference. The focus/leitmotif of the conference is
empirical research of language and its methodology. We encourage presentations
of original data oriented research concerned with different aspects of
language structure and use, as well as discussions of methodological
groundings of the 'empirical turn' in linguistics.

The conference takes place at the Faculty of Arts of Charles University in the
very center of Prague, Thursday 26 April to Saturday 28 April 2018.

The event will consist of 2 plenary talks, 4 tutorial workshops and a general
session for oral presentations and posters.

Plenary Speakers:

- Rolf Zwaan (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Bernd Heine (University of Cologne)

2nd Call for Papers:

We extended the abstract submission deadline till 11 December 2017

We invite submissions for oral presentations and posters falling into either
of the following topics:

- Synchronic and diachronic grammatical analyses:
Synchronic and diachronic analyses of grammatical phenomena based on usage or
experimental data are welcome. We especially encourage analyses of spontaneous
conversational data, fieldwork data, and sign languages.

- Sociolinguistics and sociology of language:
We invite qualitative and quantitative research comparing written and spoken
language, critical discourse analysis and work in speakers' behavior from the
point of view of pragmatics. Theoretical and methodological discussions of
different approaches on the basis of specific examples are also welcome.

Presentation time for papers will be 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of
discussion. Authors of posters will be given a 1 minute speaking slot to
briefly introduce their presentations.

Abstract Submission Guidelines:

The text of the anonymous abstract should not exceed 350 words (without
references). Please use 12 point Times New Roman (Unicode) font, single-spaced
and set margins to 2.5 cm all around. Abstracts should be submitted by 4
December 2017 in pdf format using the EasyAbs system at
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/lp18 .

For more information see our web page http://linguisticsprague.ff.cuni.cz.

Important Dates:

3 October 2017: Abstract submission start
4 December 2017: Abstract submission deadline (extended till 11 December 2017)
21 January 2018: Notification of acceptance
26 April - 28 April 2018: Conference

          http://multitree.org/