28.5188, Calls: Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Doc, Typology/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 8 16:55:43 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5188. Fri Dec 08 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5188, Calls: Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Doc, Typology/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:55:32
From: Josefina Bittar [jbittar at unm.edu]
Subject: 13th High Desert Linguistics Society Conference

Full Title: 13th High Desert Linguistics Society Conference
Short Title: HDLS 13

Date: 09-Nov-2018 - 11-Nov-2018
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Contact Person: High Desert Linguistics Society
Meeting Email: hdls at unm.edu
Web Site: https://hdls.unm.edu/conference.html

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Typology

Call Deadline: 01-Aug-2018

Meeting Description:

The High Desert Linguistics Society (HDLS) at the University of New
Mexico is pleased to announce our Call for Papers for our 13th biennial
conference, HDLS 13. The conference will take place November 9-11, 2018 at the
University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico. HDLS 13 will focus on
cognitive, functional, and typological linguistics. The submission
of papers that shed light on linguistic issues from the point of view of
neighboring disciplines, including but not limited to Psychology,
Anthropology, Education, and Computer Science, is especially encouraged.

We are honored to announce that our keynote presenters for HDLS 13 are:

- Peter Hauser - NTID, RIT
- Norma Mendoza-Denton - UCLA
- Ronald Langacker - UCSD

Call for Papers:

Applicants can submit a 300-word abstract for the following:

Presentation: Presentations will be 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes of discussion.

Poster: Applicants accepted for posters will be notified with the specific
guidelines for the poster.

Themed Panel: Panels will consist of three (3) presenters. Presenters
interested in this format are responsible for deciding who will be part of the
suggested panel. Only one document should be submitted per panel. The document
should include the proposed panel topic (300 words; 3 minutes), and how each
speaker will contribute to it (500 words each; 5 minutes).

Important Dates:

Deadline for Submission of Abstracts - Wed, August 1, 2018
Notification of Acceptance - Mon, September 3, 2018
Conference Dates - Fri, November 9, 2018 ~ Sun, November 11, 2018

Please submit abstracts in .pdf to the following URL:
https://easychair.org/cfp/HDLS13

          http://multitree.org/