28.5220, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 11 19:33:58 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5220. Mon Dec 11 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5220, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:33:50
From: Mark Emerick [mre at temple.edu]
Subject: 5th Annual Language, Linguistics and Life Conference at Temple University

Full Title: 5th Annual Language, Linguistics and Life Conference at Temple University
Short Title: LLL

Date: 27-Apr-2018 - 27-Apr-2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Contact Person: Katie Clarkson
Meeting Email: tug20217 at temple.edu

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2018

Meeting Description:

This year’s theme of Language and Community examines questions of language
policy, bilingualism, bicultural identity, and heritage language studies, in
relation to different communities.  Our theme serves as a focus for the
conference; however, as an interdisciplinary organization, we will consider
any language-related topics.

Keynote Speakers:

Dr. Silvina Montrul-University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Dr. Kim Potowski-University of Illinois at Chicago
Dr. Eli Goldblatt-Temple University

Call for Papers:

The Graduate Students of Language at Temple (GSOLT) are accepting proposals
for our 5th annual Language, Linguistics, and Life Conference.  The
student-run conference is a forum for graduate and undergraduate students to
present their research or works-in-progress in a supportive environment
conducive to professional and scholarly development. We seek proposals for
(15-minute) oral paper presentations from graduate students and posters from
undergraduate students. We encourage presenters to consider using two or more
languages, dialects, language varieties, or registers as a mode of
presentation.

For consideration, please submit a 250-300-word abstract (including title) to
[Google Form - see the link below) by February 15, 2018. Abstracts should be
written in English and include the theoretical background for the study, the
method, (anticipated) findings, and a connection to the conference theme, if
applicable. Also, please specify the language(s) of the presentation and any
technology needs beyond PowerPoint. All presenters are welcome to use two or
more languages, dialects, or registers in their presentations, PowerPoints,
handouts, or posters.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSflOB_7xWM98Tp9qF57gJOqDm7-ByO2nQZkgU
PkRm2CXiASQQ/viewform

          http://multitree.org/