28.5254, Calls: General Linguistics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 12 15:53:15 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5254. Tue Dec 12 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5254, Calls: General Linguistics/Poland

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 10:52:59
From: Agata Janicka [ajanicka at wa.amu.edu.pl]
Subject: 48th Poznan Linguistic Meeting

Full Title: 48th Poznan Linguistic Meeting
Short Title: PLM2018

Date: 13-Sep-2018 - 15-Sep-2018
Location: Poznan, Poland
Contact Person: Agata Janicka
Meeting Email: plm at wa.amu.edu.pl
Web Site: http://wa.amu.edu.pl/plm/

Call Deadline: 25-Mar-2018

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the 48th Poznan Linguistic Meeting (PLM2018)
will take place on 13-15 September 2018 in Poznan, Poland. The Meeting will be
organized by the Faculty of English of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan.

Leitmotif:

The leitmotif of the 48th PLM will be ''Language and evolution: Issues and
perspectives''. The ability to communicate using language is an evolved human
trait. Therefore, research into language evolution can be understood to inform
practically all fields of linguistics. In particular, we would like to reflect
on the connections between language evolution and ontogenetic development of
language and multilingualism, but all other perspectives are welcome.

Plenary Events:

The keynote address will be given by W. Tecumseh Fitch (Vienna University),
the author of, among other works, “The evolution of language” (CUP, 2010).

Plenary lectures:

- Daniel Everett (Bentley University)
- Ljiljana Progovac (Wayne State University)

Other plenaries will be confirmed at a later date.

As has become our tradition, there will also be a debate and a dialogue on
topics related to the leitmotif.

Call for Papers:

Proposals of papers are invited for both oral and poster sessions related to
this main theme, and to other topics within modern linguistics. Each paper in
the general oral sessions will be given 30 minutes, including 10 minutes for
discussion. Poster sessions will form an integral part of the conference
programme. The number of submissions is limited to one single-authored plus
one co-authored abstract per author (or two co-authored ones). The language of
the conference is English.

We also invite proposals for Thematic/Workshop Sessions. A proposal for a
workshop session should include a clear statement of its
objectives/topic/message (about 300 words) as well as at least four names of
proposed speakers (with affiliations) and a sample bibliography. Thematic
workshop proposals will be subject to review by our International Advisory
Board. Please note that the organizer(s) of a thematic/workshop session will
be expected to solicit submissions, advertise the session through appropriate
channels, organize the reviewing process, and submit a complete set of
accepted abstracts by the main submission deadline. We reserve the right to
make final decisions regarding the inclusion of thematic/workshop session
papers in the programme.

All abstracts (including thematic/workshop session abstracts) will be
processed using the EasyChair conference management system. All regular
submissions (posters and presentations) will be reviewed by our International
Advisory Board.

Please visit our website for more detailed abstract submission guidelines,
along with abstract review criteria. http://wa.amu.edu.pl/plm

Important Dates:

- Submission deadline for the thematic session proposals: 31 January 2018
- Notification of acceptance for thematic sessions: 19 February 2018
- Submission deadline for ALL abstracts (general sessions and thematic
sessions): 25 March 2018
- Notification of acceptance for papers and posters: 23 April 2018

Looking forward to seeing you Poznan!

PLM 2018 Organising Committee:

Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kolaczyk
Jaroslaw Weckwerth