28.5262, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Birmingham

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 12 19:14:10 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5262. Tue Dec 12 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5262, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Birmingham

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 14:14:08
From: Suganthi John [s.p.john at bham.ac.uk]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Birmingham, UK

University or Organization: The University of Birmingham
Department: Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics
Job Location: , United Kingdom
Web Address: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/edacs/departments/englishlanguage/index.aspx
Job Title: Lecturer in English Language and Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

The University of Birmingham wishes to appoint a Lecturer in English Language
and Linguistics with effect from 1st September 2018. We seek an early career
academic with a completed and successfully examined PhD, evidence of teaching
experience, and a developing record of outstanding research that will
complement and enhance existing Department strengths. The main research fields
within the Department are corpus linguistics, discourse analysis/stylistics,
and cognitive linguistics/psycholinguistics. We are keen to appoint a
candidate who is working in at least one of these fields and who is conducting
research that has clear real-world applications (for example, to health,
business, teaching or other social contexts).

Application Deadline: 16-Jan-2018

Web Address for Applications: http://bit.ly/2Bblnsn
Contact Information:
	Dr Suganthi John