28.5353, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Doc, Philosophy of Lang/Canada

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 20 04:25:34 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5353. Tue Dec 19 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5353, Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Doc, Philosophy of Lang/Canada

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 23:25:26
From: Yecid Ortega [yecid.ortega at mail.utoronto.ca]
Subject: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy & Planning Conference

Full Title: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy & Planning Conference
Short Title: LPP 2018

Date: 23-Aug-2018 - 25-Aug-2018
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact Person: Jeff Bale
Meeting Email: OISE.LPP at utoronto.ca
Web Site: https://wordpress.oise.utoronto.ca/lpp-conference/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Philosophy of Language

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2018

Meeting Description:

We are writing to invite your contributions and/or contributions from your
students for the 2018 Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and
Planning Conference, to held August 23–25, 2018 at OISE/University of Toronto.

In addition to research and practitioner sessions, the conference will feature
keynote presentations by Monica Heller (OISE/University of Toronto), Tiffany
Lee (University of New Mexico), and Kristin Snoddon (Carleton University), as
well as an invited colloquium organized by Enrica Piccardo (OISE/University of
Toronto) and Brian North (Research and Consultant with the Council of Europe)
on Common European Framework of Reference.

Call for Papers:

As always, the conference welcomes papers and colloquia from diverse
disciplinary perspectives on language policy and planning. For 2018, we are
especially interested in work that engages the policy work related to the
Indigenous Languages Act in Canada and to indigenous language policy in
general, as well as research on language assessment frameworks. We are
particularly keen on expanding the practitioner-led sessions at the conference
this year.

Please see the Call for Papers page of our conference website for more
complete information.
https://wordpress.oise.utoronto.ca/lpp-conference/call-for-papers/

Otherwise, we welcome you to visit the conference website to submit your
abstract. Abstracts are due by February 28, 2018.

          http://multitree.org/