28.5390, Support: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Dec 24 06:23:11 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-5390. Sun Dec 24 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.5390, Support:  General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 01:23:07
From: Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva [tassevak at mailbox.sc.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina, USA

 Institution/Organization: University of South Carolina
Department: Linguistics Program
Web Address: http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/index.php

Level: PhD

Duties: Research,Teaching,Project Work

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Linguistics Program at the University of South Carolina invites students
to apply to our MA and PhD programs for Fall 2018. Students with an MA in
Linguistics or a related field may be directly admitted to the PhD program,
and students with a BA may be admitted to the concurrent MA/PhD program. We
offer a competitive funding package for PhD students.

Our program has an interdisciplinary focus, while providing our graduate
students with a strong background in general linguistic theory. Our faculty
represent three broad areas of research: Psycholinguistics and Cognitive and
Formal Linguistics (Amit Almor, Anne Bezuidenhout, Amanda Dalola, Stanley
Dubinsky, D. Eric Holt, Jiang Liu, Robin Morris and Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva),
Second Language Acquisition and TESOL (D. Eric Holt, Jiang Liu, Qiandi Liu,
Paul Malovrh, Nina Moreno, and Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva), and Social,
Cultural, and Historical Linguistics (Elaine Chun, Amanda Dalola, Kurt
Goblirsch, Dorothy Disterheft, D. Eric Holt, Jennifer Reynolds, and Tracey
Weldon). Students are trained to pursue research and teach in a wide range of
linguistic sub-disciplines.

For more information, visit our website
(http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/index.ph
p) or contact our Program Director, Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva at
tassevak at mailbox.sc.edu. Our application deadline is January 15.

Application Deadline: 21-May-2018

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva