28.665, Calls: English, Historical Linguistics/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 3 16:16:08 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-665. Fri Feb 03 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.665, Calls: English, Historical Linguistics/France

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 11:12:45
From: Brian Lowrey [blowrey at orange.fr]
Subject: 5th International Biennial Conference on the Diachrony of English

Full Title: 5th International Biennial Conference on the Diachrony of English
Short Title: CBDA-5

Date: 04-Jul-2017 - 06-Jul-2017
Location: Tours, France
Contact Person: Brian Lowrey
Meeting Email: brian.lowrey at u-picardie.fr
Web Site: http://www.cbdaconference.org/

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2017

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the 5th edition of the international Biennial
Conference on the Diachrony of English (CBDA-5) will take place in Tours,
France, from July 4 to July 6 2017, hosted by the Université François-Rabelais
and organised in collaboration with the Université de Picardie Jules-Verne
(Amiens) and the Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne (Reims).

The main objective of the conference is to provide linguists working on the
history of English with an opportunity to present their work and a forum
within which to discuss current issues in English diachronic linguistics.

Further information will shortly be made available on the meeting website:

http://www.cbdaconference.org/

Plenary Speaker:

Our invited speaker at this year’s conference will be Marion Elenbaas, of the
University of Leiden.

Conference Fee:

The conference fee is 40 euros (20 euros for students), and includes
participation in all sessions of the conference, the conference package, and
light refreshments. All participants, however, are expected to pay their own
travel and accommodation expenses.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you to the beautiful
medieval and Renaissance city of Tours.

Please note that this edition of the Conference will be dedicated to the
memory of Professor Xavier Dekeyser, of the University of Leuven, who had
actively supported CBDA since its inception in 2008. Xavier passed away on May
23rd, 2016, and this is a very painful loss for all the organizers.

Final Call for Papers:

Contributions are invited on all topics concerned with change and variation in
the history of English (syntax, semantics, phonetics, phonology, morphology,
pragmatics, sociolinguistics, language contact, lexicology, etc.), on all
periods in the history of English, and even on other languages directly
relevant to the diachrony of English. Session papers will be allowed 30
minutes, including 10 minutes for discussion. If you would like to present a
paper, please send an abstract (approximately 300 - 400 words), in DOC or PDF
format, to both Fabienne Toupin (fabienne.toupin at univ-tours.fr) and Brian
Lowrey (brian.lowrey at u-picardie.fr). Abstracts should reach us no later than
February 28th, 2017. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by two referees,
and we would ask you to leave your abstract anonymous, but to cite your name
and affiliation as well as the title of your paper in the e-mail.

For further information, please go to the conference website at:
http://www.cbdaconference.org/ .

We look forward to seeing you in Tours in July !

The organisers

          http://multitree.org/