28.680, Calls: Disc Analysis, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Ling & Lit, Translation/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 3 23:57:46 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-680. Fri Feb 03 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.680, Calls: Disc Analysis, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Ling & Lit, Translation/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:57:34
From: Bryce Bayer [tua90730 at temple.edu]
Subject: 4th Annual Language, Linguistics and Life Conference at Temple University

Full Title: 4th Annual Language, Linguistics and Life Conference at Temple University

Date: 14-Apr-2017 - 14-Apr-2017
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Contact Person: Grace Cooper
Meeting Email: grace.cooper at temple.edu
Web Site: https://docs.google.com/a/temple.edu/forms/d/1dvEJzdAkL41sAJ4JP3jF7yPNMA5m0DrgfMGUgc9DsQo/edit

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2017

Meeting Description:

Keynote Speakers:

Dr. Gustavo Pérez Firmat, Columbia University
Dr. Nelson Flores, University of Pennsylvania
Translanguaging: Crossing Social, Cultural, and Linguistic Boundaries

The student-run conference is a forum for graduate and undergraduate students
to present their research or works-in-progress in a supportive environment
conducive to professional and scholarly development.

Call for Papers:

The Graduate Students of Language at Temple (GSOLT) are accepting proposals
for our 4th annual Language, Linguistics, and Life Conference. The student-run
conference is a forum for graduate and undergraduate students to present their
research or works-in-progress in a supportive environment conducive to
professional and scholarly development. We seek proposals for (15-minute) oral
paper presentations from graduate students and posters from undergraduate
students. In the spirit of the theme, we encourage presenters to consider
using two or more languages, dialects, language varieties, or registers as a
mode of presentation. The theme of translanguaging is meant to provide a focus
for the conference; however, as an interdisciplinary organization, we will
consider any language-related topics, which may include, but are not limited
to, the following areas:

- Linguistics Literature & Cultural Studies
- Bi-/Multilingualism, Linguistic Diversity
- Globalization and Language
- Language Education, Pedagogy, Assessment
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
- First and Second Language Development
- Heritage Language Studies
- Language Contact and Variation
- Historical Linguistics
- Language, Thought, and Cognition
- American Sign Language
- Speech Pathology and Communication Sciences
- Foreign Languages, Indigenous Languages,
- Endangered/Minority Languages
- Linguistic Anthropology
- Philosophy of Language
- Discourse/Text Analysis, Conversation Analysis
- Rhetoric, Literary Linguistics
- Translation Studies

For consideration, please submit a 250-300-word abstract (including title) to
the Google Form
(https://docs.google.com/a/temple.edu/forms/d/1dvEJzdAkL41sAJ4JP3jF7yPNMA5m0Dr
gfMGUgc9DsQo/edit) by February 15, 2017. Abstracts should be written in
English and include the theoretical background for the study, the method,
(anticipated) findings, and a connection to the conference theme, if
applicable. Also, please specify the language(s) of the presentation and any
technology needs beyond PowerPoint. All presenters are free to use two or more
languages, dialects, or registers in their presentations, PowerPoints,
handouts, or posters.

Contact Grace Cooper (grace.cooper at temple.edu) or Raquel Mattson-Prieto
(rmp at temple.edu) with any questions.

          http://multitree.org/