28.682, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 3 23:59:27 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-682. Fri Feb 03 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.682, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:59:18
From: Aaron Yamada [aagyamada at ucdavis.edu]
Subject: 4th Annual UC Davis Symposium on Language Research

Full Title: 4th Annual UC Davis Symposium on Language Research

Date: 26-May-2017 - 26-May-2017
Location: Davis, California, USA
Contact Person: Aaron Yamada
Meeting Email: aagyamada at ucdavis.edu
Web Site: http://languageresearch.ucdavis.edu

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2017

Meeting Description:

The UC Davis Cluster on Language Research cordially invites graduate and
undergraduate students, lecturers, postdoctoral, and visiting scholars
investigating language to participate in the Fourth Annual UC Davis Symposium
on Language Research. The purpose of this symposium is to showcase current
investigations on language, and to cultivate a community of language
researchers throughout the country. We welcome a wide array of topics across
all languages and disciplines related to linguistics, as it is our goal to
create an open and inclusive symposium to promote dialogue between all types
of language research. This year, we welcome Dr. Judith Kroll as our keynote
speaker.

Call for Papers:

Eligibility: All graduate and undergraduate students, lecturers, and
postdoctoral and visiting scholars currently investigating language in some
capacity are encouraged to submit their research, preliminary or otherwise.

Submission deadline: March 31, 2017

If you are interested in presenting an oral presentation or a poster, please
submit an abstract of no more than 300 words in .pdf format to
ucd.langsymposium at gmail.com. The file should not include any identifying
information. In the body of the email please include your name, academic
affiliation, year in the program, title of the paper, and whether you wish to
present an oral presentation, a poster, or either. Please include “UCD
Symposium on Language Research 2017” in the subject field. Oral presentations
are limited to 15 minutes, plus an additional five minutes for questions.
Posters must adhere to a dimension of 48 inches tall by 36 inches wide.

All abstract submissions for oral presentations, unless requested otherwise,
will be considered for the Award for Most Innovative Research. In order to
receive awards consideration, you must be currently enrolled at a
postsecondary institution and submit your abstract by the above deadline.

For more details regarding the conference, abstracts, and awards please visit
our website at: languageresearch.ucdavis.edu or send questions to:
ucd.langsymposium at gmail.com

          http://multitree.org/