28.719, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Language Coach, Ivona Software/Amazon

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 7 14:41:12 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-719. Tue Feb 07 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.719, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Language Coach, Ivona Software/Amazon

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)
Homepage: http://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:41:08
From: Marco Nicolis [nicolism at amazon.com]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Language Coach, Ivona Software/Amazon, Mumbai, India

University or Organization: Amazon Alexa / Ivona Software
Job Location: Mumbai, India
Job Title: Language coach
Job Rank: Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Language Coach (Indian English)

We build TTS voices that help developers revolutionize the way people interact
with devices and services!

At Ivona, an Amazon company, we take pride in building complete end-to-end
solutions, staring from researching a problem, implementing the solution,
building a scalable and reliable service and ensuring the service is there
when you need it.

We are looking for a linguist located in India to help us with the recordings
of our voice talents.

The ideal candidate:
- Is located in India, ideally Mumbai.
- Has native proficiency in Indian English.
- Has a strong background in phonetics/phonology.
- Has or is working towards obtaining a degree in Linguistics, Computational
Linguistics or related field.

Desirable:

- Is a native speaker of Hindi.

Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2017