28.741, Calls: Lithuanian, General Linguistics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 7 21:49:39 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-741. Tue Feb 07 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.741, Calls: Lithuanian, General Linguistics/Poland

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 16:49:32
From: Tatjana Vologdina [tatjanavologdina at gmail.com]
Subject: IV International Lithuania Congress

Full Title: IV International Lithuania Congress

Date: 22-May-2017 - 24-May-2017
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Contact Person: Tatjana Vologdina Marta Statkiewicz
Meeting Email: labas at uni.wroc.pl
Web Site: http://labaswroclaw.wordpress.com

Subject Language(s): Lithuanian (lit)

Call Deadline: 23-Apr-2017

Meeting Description:

>From 22 to 24 of May 2017, the University of Wroclaw will be home to the
fourth International Lithuania Congress. It is our pleasure to invite everyone
interested in Lithuania, its language, culture, history, politics, society and
relations with neighbouring countries, to take part in the happening.

Of the numerous events connected to Lithuania in year 2017, we have selected
three symbolic topics, which will constitute the general theme of this year’s
Congress:

- Firstly, it is the Year of Culture of the Lithuanian Language, announced by
the Lithuanian Seimas. Here we will try to stress the uniqueness of the
Lithuanian language and its special importance to the Lithuanian society.
- We would also like to remember Algirdas J. Greimas – semiotician of
Lithuanian descent, renowned literary scientist and linguist – on the 100th
anniversary of his birth, and 25th anniversary of his passing.
- Year 2017 is also the 25th anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution
of the Republic of Lithuania, and 20th anniversary of the adoption of the
Constitution of the Republic of Poland. We would like to direct our attention
to these documents, which are central to the legal orders of both countries
and discuss the circumstances of their ratification.

At the same time we remain open to all topics which are of importance to the
Participants, since the main idea of the Congress is that of an
interdisciplinary discussion on Lithuania. We invite everyone to partake in
the below sections:

- Lithuanian and comparative linguistics
- Culture, literature and folklore
- Lithuanian history and Polish-Lithuanian relations
- Politics and society
- Law and constitutional system.

Based on previous years’ proceedings, academic panels will be accompanied by
cultural events and expert debates. Concurrently to the Congress, the „Labas”
Lithuanian Studies Club, which organizes the most important events connected
to Lithuania in Wroclaw, will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of its
foundation.

We are also pleased to inform that the newly established Pobliza Foundation,
which brings together involved former members of the „Labas” Lithuanian
Studies Club, will be aiding in organizing the Congress. The aim of the
Foundation is to support the development of positive relations between Poles
and the societies of neighbouring countries. We are glad that it is the
Congress that will be the occassion to officially inaugurate the activities of
the Foundation.

Call for Papers:

Participation in the Congress is free of charge for prelectors. The organizers
will provide board and accommodation. Please mind, however, that travel costs
will not be covered.

Prelections in Polish, Lithuanian and English are accepted. The best lectures
will be published in a reviewed post-conference journal.

The application form can be found at
https://docs.google.com/a/linguistlist.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclYwWTY5yiteXk_f1
ygReocXMNjajrrWfnc5ScFbVtBQU0MA/viewform?c=0&w=1. The application deadline
expires on the 23 of April 2017.

Please join us in Wroclaw!

          http://multitree.org/