28.750, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 7 21:53:35 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-750. Tue Feb 07 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.750, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 16:53:29
From: Rachel Hayes-Harb [r.hayes-harb at utah.edu]
Subject: Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching

Full Title: Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching
Short Title: PSLLT

Date: 01-Sep-2017 - 02-Sep-2017
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Contact Person: Rachel Hayes-Harb
Meeting Email: r.hayes-harb at utah.edu
Web Site: http://speechlab.utah.edu/PSLLT2017.php

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Phonetics; Phonology

Call Deadline: 07-Apr-2017

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to host the 2017 conference on Pronuncation in Second Language
Learning and Teaching (PSLLT) at the University of Utah! PSLLT is an annual
meeting that brings together language teachers and second language acquisition
researchers who share an interest in second language pronunciation.

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite proposals for oral and poster presentations on all topics related to
naturalistic pronunciation acquisition and classroom pronunciation learning –
any aspect of pronunciation research, teaching and learning. We also invite
evidence-based “teaching tip” proposals. Teaching tips will be presented in a
Round Robin format, with a small group gathered around the presenter. Every
seven minutes, a bell rings and the audience moves to another teaching tip
presentation.

The online abstract submission deadline is April 7, 2017. Review outcome
notifications will be sent in early May.

Abstracts should be given a descriptive title, be double-spaced, have no more
than 250 words (including references if included) and should specify the
desired presentation format:

- Oral Presentation (20 minutes plus questions)
- Poster Presentation (90-minute poster session)
- Oral or poster presentation (either is ok)
- Teaching Tip (7 minutes in Round Robin format)

Abstracts should be uploaded to http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/psllt2017