28.769, Calls: Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Psycholing, Syntax/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 9 17:39:02 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-769. Thu Feb 09 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.769, Calls: Lang Acquisition, Phonetics, Phonology, Psycholing, Syntax/Germany

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:38:54
From: Ann-Kathrin Grohe [ann-kathrin.grohe at uni-tuebingen.de]
Subject: Processing Prosody across Languages, Varieties, and Nativeness

Full Title: Processing Prosody across Languages, Varieties, and Nativeness
Short Title: ProPro 2017

Date: 31-Aug-2017 - 01-Sep-2017
Location: Tübingen, Germany
Contact Person: Ann-Kathrin Grohe
Meeting Email: processing.prosody at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/propro

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition; Phonetics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics; Syntax

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2017

Meeting Description:

Ongoing globalisation substantially increases the linguistic variability that
we are exposed to in our daily lives. However, very little is known about the
consequences of this variability for comprehension. The SpeechNet BaWü
workshop “Processing prosody across languages, varieties, and nativeness”
brings together young researchers addressing this issue.

The focus of the workshop will be on the processing of variability in the
prosodic domain (intonation, rhythm) in different languages.

Keynote:

Anne Cutler (MARCS Institute, Western Sydney University)

Invited Speakers:

Sarah A. Bibyk (University of Rochester / Vanderbilt University)
Heather Kember (MARCS Institute, Western Sydney University)
Kiwako Ito (The Ohio State University)
Giuseppina Turco (CNRS/Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris)

Organisers:

Ann-Kathrin Grohe (University of Tübingen, SpeechNet BaWü)
Nadja Schauffler (University of Stuttgart, SpeechNet BaWü)
Katharina Zahner (University of Konstanz, SpeechNet BaWü)

Call for Papers:

We invite doctoral students and early career researchers working on different
aspects related to prosodic processing in different languages to present their
work. Topics can be for example the processing of prosody by L1 or L2
listeners, prosody in varieties of different languages, prosodic processing by
infants or adults, “classic factors”, such as frequency (familiar versus
unfamiliar varieties of both L1 and L2).

The projects on these topics can rely on different methodologies. We also
encourage students to present their ongoing research projects.

Abstract submission guidelines:

We invite abstract submission for oral presentations and posters. Abstracts
should be written in English and not exceed one page of text (A4). In
addition, references, examples and/or figures may be included on a second
page. Please use the following format: size 12, 2.5 cm/1 inch margins and
single spacing. The author names and affiliations should be given in the text.
Abstracts should be submitted as a property-free PDF file following the
instructions on EasyAbs. Please name your abstract as follows: [Last Name of
the first author] _ [First three words of the Title], e.g.
Cutler_SpokenWordRecognition.pdf

Please indicate whether you prefer oral or poster presentation.

A limited number of scholarships for doctoral students to cover their
accommodation expenses are available. Please indicate on the abstract
submission site whether you are interested in such a scholarship.

Information on the workshop will be regularly updated on the conference
homepage: www.uni-tuebingen.de/propro

Please contact the conference organisers at processing.prosody at gmail.com if
necessary.

Important Dates:

Abstract submission deadline: 31 March 2017
Notification of acceptance: after 15 May 2017
Workshop: 31 August and 1 September 2017

Abstracts can be uploaded on http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/propro2017

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Tübingen this summer!