28.787, Calls: Sociolinguistics/UK

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 9 19:07:19 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-787. Thu Feb 09 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.787, Calls: Sociolinguistics/UK

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 14:07:13
From: Andrey Rosowsky [a.rosowsky at sheffield.ac.uk]
Subject: Heavenly Acts IV - Aspects of Performance through an Interdisciplinary Lens

Full Title: Heavenly Acts IV - Aspects of Performance through an Interdisciplinary Lens
Short Title: HAIV

Date: 08-May-2017 - 09-May-2017
Location: Sheffield, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Andrey Rosowsky
Meeting Email: a.rosowsky at sheffield.ac.uk
Web Site: https://heavenlyacts.com/

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2017

Meeting Description:

This conference is the last in a series of four (see website for details of
earlier events) funded by the UK AHRC focusing on the interrelationship of
faith and performance. The 'Heavenly Acts' network is made up of scholars from
a range of disciplines including sociolinguistics, the sociology of language
and religion, religious studies, performance studies, ethnomusicology,
anthropology and social psychology. Unlike the specific themes of the first
three symposia (acquisition, identity and expressive arts - see website for
details), the theme of the last event, HAIV, will be a broad one related to
the overall focus of the network - aspects of performance in faith settings.

Call for Papers:

We welcome papers from colleagues working in the field of language who may
have valuable contributions to offer to the work of this developing research
network. We invite papers for presentations of 20 minutes followed by a 10
minute discussion.

Abstracts of 250-350 words should be submitted by March 31 2017 to Andrey
Rosowsky - a.rosowsky at sheffield.ac.uk