28.843, Qs: Computational Implementations of PAM

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 14 00:23:11 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-843. Mon Feb 13 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.843, Qs: Computational Implementations of PAM

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:23:03
From: Zachary Burchill [zburchill at bcs.rochester.edu]
Subject: Computational Implementations of PAM

Hi, I'm comparing different models of non-native contrast acquisition, and
I've had a hard time finding papers where someone computationally implements a
model of the Perceptual Assimilation Model (Best, 1995).  Does such a paper
exist?

Similarly, if anyone knows of computational versions of Jim Flege's Speech
Learning Model (SLM) or Kuhl's Native Learning Magnet (NLM) model, I'd also be
grateful towards either one of them!

Thanks!

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     Language Acquisition