28.861, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 14 19:27:08 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-861. Tue Feb 14 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.861, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:26:59
From: Emmanuel Schang [emmanuel.schang at univ-orleans.fr]
Subject: Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 5

Full Title: Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 5
Short Title: FACS-5

Date: 15-Jul-2017 - 16-Jul-2017
Location: University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Contact Person: Fabiola Henri
Meeting Email: fshe223 at uky.edu
Web Site: http://lsa2017.as.uky.edu/workshops-and-conferences#Creole%20Studies%20/%20Structure

Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2017

Meeting Description:

Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 5 (FACS-5)
15-16 July 2017
Univ. of Kentucky, Lexington

This workshop follows up on three previous workshops,

- FACS I, held in 2008 at CASTL, University of Tromsoe,
- FACS II, held in 2010 at ZAS, Berlin.
- FACS III, held in 2012 at the University of Lisbon.
- FACS-IV, held in 2014 at the University Paris 8

The goal of the workshop is to bring together scholars who share an interest
in the formal study of Creole languages and to enhance the interaction between
theoretical linguists and researchers 'in the field'.

Invited Speakers:

- Viviane Déprez (LLCC-CNRS and U. Rutgers)
- Silvia Kouwenberg (UWI, Jamaica)

2nd Call for Papers:

Extended Deadline: 01-Mar-2017

Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 5 (FACS-5)
15-16 July 2017
University of Kentucky, Lexington

We invite abstracts that address theoretical and formal aspects in Creole
Studies, from all subfields of research.

Submissions will be for 30-minute presentations (plus 10-minute discussions).

Abstracts should be at most 2 pages in length (including examples and
references) written in French or English.

Abstracts must be anonymous and should be sent by e-mail (.txt, .doc, .rtf,
.ps or .pdf) to : fshe223 at uky.edu

Please write the (first) author's name plus the word 'abstract' in the subject
line of your message (e.g., 'Dupont abstract'), and include author name(s),
affiliation, contact information and the title of the abstract in the body of
the email. For co-authored papers indicate the email address that we should
use for correspondence.

Abstract Submission Extended Deadline : 01 March 2017
Notification of Acceptance : 31 March 2017
Conference : Sat 15 and Sun 16 July 2017

Scientific Committee :

Enoch Aboh (U. Amsterdam)
Marlyse Baptista (U. Michigan)
Michel DeGraff (MIT)
Tjerk Hagemeijer (U. Lisbon)
Fabiola Henri (U. Kentucky)
Alain Kihm (LLF, U. Paris 7 & CNRS)
Fernanda Pratas (U. Lisbon)
Emmanuel Schang (LLL, U. Orléans & CNRS)
Tonjes Veenstra (ZAS Berlin)

Organizers:

Fabiola Henri (U. Kentucky)

          http://multitree.org/