28.959, Internships: Knowledge Engineer Intern/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 22 15:34:17 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-959. Wed Feb 22 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.959, Internships: Knowledge Engineer Intern/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)
Homepage: http://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 10:34:09
From: Barbara Storti [bstorti at expertsystem.com]
Subject: Knowledge Engineer Intern/USA

University or Organization: Expert System Enterprise Corp
Web Address: http://www.expertsystem.com

Type of Work: Use Taxonomies, Write Linguistic Rules, Curate Lists Of Known Entities For Extraction Purposes

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

Duration: 01-Jan-2001 to 01-Jan-2001
Voluntary
Internship Location: Rockville, Maryland, USA
Minimum Education Level: BA
Special Qualifications: Qualifications and skill requirements:

- Currently majoring or minoring in linguistics or a related field (computer science students will also be considered)
- Understanding of natural language grammar and use
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Preferred skills and experience:

- Self-motivated
- Ability to work on a team
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python

Expert System Enterprise is currently seeking an Intern to join our Knowledge
Engineering team in our Rockville, MD office. “Knowledge Engineering” refers
to the technical aspects of building and maintaining a knowledge/information
management system. Knowledge engineers use taxonomies, write linguistic rules
for document categorization and information extraction, and curate lists of
known entities for extraction purposes. The successful candidate must have a
good command of logical reasoning and natural language grammar.

Expert System will train the successful candidate to use our proprietary
development tools to customize our software for use by customers.
Primary duties and responsibilities:

- Write linguistic rules for categorization and extraction
- Measure accuracy of customized text analytics software
- Maintain development corpora for rule writing and quality assessment

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:
	Ms Barbara Storti
	Email: bstorti at expertsystem.com