28.1015, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Knowledge Engineering: Computational Linguist, Neva.ai

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 27 16:43:08 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1015. Mon Feb 27 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1015, Jobs:  English; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Knowledge Engineering: Computational Linguist, Neva.ai

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)
Homepage: http://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:42:58
From: Naghi Prasad [naghi at neva.ai]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Knowledge Engineering: Computational Linguist, Neva.ai, California, USA

University or Organization: Neva.ai
Department: Research
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://neva.ai/
Job Title: NLP Engineer, Computational Linguist, or Ontologist
Job Rank: Computational Linguist; Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Knowledge Engineering

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Neva.ai is an early stage venture funded startup in Palo Alto that is
disrupting the way customer support is delivered. Are you interested in
joining a startup where you can play a crucial role in designing and building
state-of-art AI products vs. being a cog in the wheel in big groups at big
companies? Do you have what it takes to solve challenging AI problems and
build cutting edge AI products? Would you like to be a part of a small elite
team of AI engineers in Silicon Valley that is building one of the most
advanced AI systems for automating enterprise business processes?

We have an opportunity for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer, or
Computational Linguist or Ontologist to play a key role in developing a
high-profile AI platform in use by many of the world’s most-respected
organizations. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing natural
language processing and understanding systems in different contexts such as
information retrieval, intelligent agents, spoken dialog systems or
recommendation systems. Individuals in this role should be experts in natural
language processing (parsing, entity recognition and detection, text
classification, etc.), language modeling (including knowledge in very large
scale language modeling).

Desired Skills:

- PhD, MS or equivalent experience in natural language processing or
computational linguistics or ontologies
- Impressive projects in NLP or knowledge engineering or auto generation of
ontologies or related fields
- Passion for challenging the status quo and translating novel ideas into
products
- Experience developing software using a programming language, preferably
Python.

Why you should apply:

- AI for automating enterprise business processes is a huge opportunity.
You’ll have an opportunity to be a pioneer in a field that will define how
machines and humans interact for the next decade or more.
- Unique opportunity to join a venture-funded AI startup founded by seasoned
serial entrepreneurs which is still in early stages (pre series-A)
- You will be tackling some of the most exciting problems at the cutting edge
of NLP/ Computational Linguistics/Knowledge Engineering and AI, in general.
- You will be surrounded by passionate entrepreneurs who have lots of
experience in solving real world AI problems! We’re a small, tight-knit team
doing big things.
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability
to solve hard problems. We reward innovation, creativity, initiative and
teamwork.

Compensation: This is a key role and our compensation will reflect that.

Join us to define the new boundaries of AI and have plenty of fun along the
way.

Send your resume to the email for applications below. We process immigration
for qualified candidates.

Email Address for Applications: naghi at neva.ai
Contact Information:
	Naghi Prasad