28.151, Jobs: English; Spanish; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Abjayon Inc.

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 9 20:28:38 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-151. Mon Jan 09 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.151, Jobs:  English; Spanish; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Abjayon Inc.

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 15:28:16
From: Punita DATTA [punita at abjayon.com]
Subject: English; Spanish; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Abjayon Inc., California, USA

University or Organization: Abjayon Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Job Title: Mobile QA Engineer
Job Rank: Computational Linguist; Other

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      Spanish (spa)

Smartphones have completely revolutionized how we operate in our daily lives.
>From communicating and sharing information to traveling and shopping, Our
clients have been at the core of this revolution. The next generation of
smartphones will completely change how we work. Development has already begun,
and the possibilities are endless.

Come join the our client's team and help us define and develop the future role
of smartphones and services in business!

Position summary

We are looking for an experienced Mobile testing engineer to design test cases
and perform test execution for voice application on mobile devices. This
position involves a combination of technical troubleshooting, clear
communication and meticulous organization skills

Responsibilities

Understand the existing requirements and executing them on each client's
flagship device release time line
Create test cases covering all aspects of mobile testing for new features.
Defect logging and defect tracking until bug closure.
Takes ownership/responsibility for the product quality
Co-ordinate with program management, Developers and QA leads.

Skills:

Qualifications

Minimum 4+  year experience in testing and Should be a fluent native US
English or Latin American Spanish speaker
Good knowledge of English / Spanish grammar and syntax is required
Formal training in Linguistics is a plus
Experience in testing voice recognition or TTS (Text to speech) or
Localization in different environment – Café, Car, office, noisy environment
etc. is a plus
Experience in testing features that involves Machine learning or Artificial
Intelligence is a plus
Knowledge of Speech or Natural language processing is a plus
Ability to handle test activities independently

5  Native English and 5  Native U.S-Spanish QA Mobile Engineers are needed.

This is a 6 months (minimum) contract position based in Mountain View
California. The duration may extend. Candidate will have to relocate at their
own expense

Application Deadline: 20-Jan-2017

Email Address for Applications: punita at abjayon.com
Contact Information: