28.165, FYI: All-New SpecGram (January 2017) Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 10 15:31:39 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-165. Tue Jan 10 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.165, FYI: All-New SpecGram (January 2017) Online

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:31:33
From: Trey Jones [Trey at SpecGram.com]
Subject: All-New SpecGram (January 2017) Online

Greetings, Linguists!

The January 2017 issue of Speculative Grammarian—the premier scholarly journal
featuring research in the neglected field of satirical linguistics—is now
available online for your browsing pleasure.

http://specgram.com/CLXXVIII.1/

The editors and publishers of Speculative Grammarian are pleased to announce
that another issue of our esteemed journal is now available. This issue offers
many excellent features, including a discerning human’s tasting guide to
biscuits and languages, an examination of the scientific beautification of
personal names, and a haunting, melodic exploration of fantastic, failed
phonetics—along with the usual collection of letters from our readers,
breaking news, limericks, self-definers, book announcements, linguistic
propaganda, puzzles, announcements, and more...

Next time (February 2017), we will have another all-new issue of Speculative
Grammarian.

Happy New Year!
Enjoy!

—Trey Jones
Editor-in-Chief, Speculative Grammarian
http://SpecGram.com

P.S. We're wrapping up another series of six episodes of our talk show,
Language Made Difficult. The fifth episode comes out January 2, 2017, and the
sixth a week later. The rest of the new episodes—along with all the other
shows, audio recordings, and occasional videos in our podcast—are available in
our podcast feed:

http://specgram.com/podcast.xml

                       Fund Drive 2016

          http://multitree.org/