28.202, Calls: English, Applied Linguistics/Norway

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 10 23:14:09 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-202. Tue Jan 10 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.202, Calls: English, Applied Linguistics/Norway

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:13:58
From: Tom Muir [tom.muir at hioa.no]
Subject: Norwegian Forum for English for Academic Purposes Summer Conference 2017

Full Title: Norwegian Forum for English for Academic Purposes Summer Conference 2017
Short Title: NFEAP 2017

Date: 08-Jun-2017 - 09-Jun-2017
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact Person: Tom Muir
Meeting Email: tom.muir at hioa.no
Web Site: http://www.hioa.no/LSB/EAP/Norwegian-Forum-for-English-for-Academic-Purposes/NFEAP-2017-EAP-and-Positioning-Call-for-Papers

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 17-Feb-2017

Meeting Description:

Following our tenth anniversary conference last year, the Norwegian Forum for
English for Academic Purposes leaps into its second decade! We invite you to
participate at the 11th NFEAP summer conference, which will take place on
Thursday 8 and Friday 9 of June 2017 at Oslo and Akershus University College
of Applied Sciences (Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus), Oslo, Norway.

The theme for the 2017 conference is EAP and Positioning. We welcome work that
addresses the concept of positioning in relation to EAP theory and practice.
This may include, for example, rhetorical and argumentative position, the
positioning of a reader, political positions (explicit or covert), the
relationship between voice and position, and so forth. But it might also open
questions of geographical position, and what EAP could mean in a particular
place – a continent, a country, a city, a building, even. Indeed, there is no
reason why these broad categories of position should be treated as separate
(and if one bridges the gap between two ideas – is this bridge not also a
position?). “Positioning”, in other words, can be understood broadly.

Plenary speakers:

- Charles Bazerman, Professor of Education at the University of California,
Santa Barbara, US
- Ursula Wingate, Senior Lecturer in Language in Education, Centre for
Language, Discourse and Communication, King’s College, London, UK
- Lesley Gourlay, ‎Reader in Education & Technology,Institute of Education,
University College, London, UK

Registration:

The 1700 NOK conference registration fee includes refreshments and lunch for
both days of the conference and the conference dinner on Thursday evening.

Please note that the NFEAP is a not-for-profit network and we are not in a
position to be able to assist with conference travel or subsistence.

Call for Papers:

We invite proposals that explore  positioning in connection with:

- EAP concepts
- EAP training methods, principles, practices and research
- Needs analysis, syllabus and materials design, teaching strategies and
methodological issues
- Group/interdisciplinary teaching
- Critical EAP
- E-learning and technology
- Academic identities
- Academic literacies
- Any other relevant topics.

Submission Guidelines:

Please submit your abstract of no more than 300 words and a biography of no
more than 50 words by February 17, 2017 using the link below. The standard
length for presentations is 30 minutes (20 minutes for presentation, plus 10
minutes for discussion). You will be notified of the outcome of the review
process by March 17, 2017.

Please use the link on the conference webpage
(http://www.hioa.no/LSB/EAP/Norwegian-Forum-for-English-for-Academic-Purposes/
NFEAP-2017-EAP-and-Positioning-Call-for-Papers) to submit your proposal.

The Ann Torday Gulden Scholarship:

Ann Torday Gulden has been, for many years, a tireless and vital advocate for
EAP in Norway, and this scholarship is named in her honour. This annual
scholarship contributes up to 5000 NOK to the expenses of an EAP teacher or
researcher to come to the conference and present their work. We seek to
support work that is distinctive and original and that exemplifies innovative
approaches to EAP theory and practice. It is open to all – please check the
box provided in the proposal submission form if you would like to be
considered for the scholarship.

Important Dates:

- Registration opens: January 2017
- Deadline for abstracts: February 17 2017
- Notification of acceptance: March 17 2017
- Deadline for registration: May 19 2017
- Conference programme available: April 1 2017
- NFEAP conference 2017: June 8-9 2017

We would like to thank you in advance for your contribution to the 11th NFEAP
summer conference and look forward to having the opportunity to discuss and
disseminate your work.

                       Fund Drive 2016