28.452, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP: Project Manager, Lionbridge Tampere

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 23 14:53:20 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-452. Mon Jan 23 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.452, Jobs:  Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP: Project Manager, Lionbridge Tampere

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:53:13
From: Elena Pirttisalo [elena.pirttisalo at lionbridge.com]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP: Project Manager, Lionbridge Tampere, Tampere, Finland

University or Organization: Lionbridge Tampere
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: Tampere, Finland
Web Address: www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP

Join our multi-cultural team working on the cutting edge Machine Intelligence
projects!

Position Summary

Will work as part of our Tampere Machine Intelligence team and plans and
executes complex projects. This role is client facing, results-driven,
innovative and driving profitable growth.

Responsibilities

Develop effective and creative customer solutions with moderate supervision.
Develop and write project plans.
Create and manage the global project schedule, liaising with all production
team members to ensure viability and commitment.
Execution of large scale projects with medium to high complexity.
Provide project training and technical guidance project team members.
Work with site and Lionbridge teams to deploy custom and configurable
solutions.

Qualifications/Skills

Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in
Natural Language Processing.
Excellent project management and organizational skills.
Client relationship management experience.
Background in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics or other related area
with experience in machine learning, semantics, syntax, morphology or
lexicography.
A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture.
Previous experience in NLP is a plus.
Previous experience in programming is a plus.
Experience in software development and scripting is a plus.
Ability to build financial models to demonstrate financial ROI.
Knowledge of key sales processes and tools.
Strong communication skills.
Thrives on working in cross-functional teams, communicating with development,
professional services, program management and product management.
Able to analyze new and changing scenarios and adapt the workflow to the new
requirements.
Thorough understanding of basic financial concepts Gross Margin, Budgets,
etc.).
Flexible, imaginative, positive thinking, multi-tasking, proactive and
solution-oriented.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural global environment

Work Schedule: Standard Hours
Location: Tampere, Finland
Position Title: Project Manager

Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase
international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage
their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud
technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional
cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content
management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand
consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points
of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains
solution centers in 28 countries.

Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2017

Web Address for Applications: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=3824&company=lionbridgeP&username
Contact Information: