28.552, Calls: General Linguistics / Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 30 15:12:06 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-552. Mon Jan 30 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.552, Calls:  General Linguistics / Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:12:01
From: Dustin Hilderman [uvicwplc at gmail.com]

Full Title: Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle

Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2017

WPLC 2016/2017

The Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle of the University of Victoria
(WPLC), http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/index, is a working papers
journal published by the graduate students of Department of Linguistics at the
University of Victoria. The volumes go back to 1981 and include published
proceedings from the Northwest Linguistics Conference, as well as general and
thematic volumes.

All papers are published in online format only, as a free-access publication.
The journal is distributed under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC 4.0 and is
indexed with Proquest. As a working paper, publishing at WPLC does not
preclude later publication elsewhere of revised versions of these papers.
We are currently accepting submissions for Volume 27. This is a general call
for submissions from any area related to Linguistics, including theoretical
linguistics, applied linguistics, and sociolinguistics, including community
work and advocacy on the promotion of language.

Submissions from both students and faculty are encouraged. We kindly ask that
student submissions (both undergraduate and graduate) be accompanied by an
email from a supervising professor, sent directly to our email account
(wplc at uvic.ca), indicating that the material is of publishable quality.
Without such a note there is no guarantee that papers will be reviewed. Please
forward any questions to wplc at uvic.ca.

To submit, visit our website for details
(http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/index) and follow the submission
instructions. Papers submitted by email will not be considered. In no case
should papers exceed 25 pages including references. Please follow the WPLC
style guide and other author guidelines available at:
http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/about/submissions#authorGuidelines.

If your submission is accepted for publication, the author publication
agreement must be completed. You will be emailed this document once your paper
has been accepted. We look forward to your submissions.

Important Information:

Deadline: March 1st, 2017
Submission: Online through the WPLC Open Journal System website at
web.uvic.ca/~wplc
Page Limit: 25
Style Guide and Other author information:
http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/about/submissions#authorGuidelines

Other Requirements: Student submissions must be accompanied by an email from a
supervising professor indicating that the paper is of publishable quality.

                       Fund Drive 2016

          http://multitree.org/