28.576, Qs: L1 Acquisition of Proper Antecedent Parameter

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 31 18:44:19 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-576. Tue Jan 31 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.576, Qs:  L1 Acquisition of Proper Antecedent Parameter

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:44:10
From: Yi-ching Su [ycsu at mx.nthu.edu.tw]

Dear all,

I am looking for studies on L1 acquisition of proper antecedent parameter for
reflexives, i.e., the property of subject orientation for long-distance
reflexives like Chinese 'ziti', Japanese 'zibun' and Korean 'caki', but lack
of such restriction for reflexives like English 'himself/herself'.
Specifically, I would like to know if there are any L1 acquisition studies on
Japanese, Korean, or English regarding this topic.  So far I found only the
studies on Chinese reported by Yu-chin Chien and her colleagues in the 1990s.
I will appreciate it very much if anyone who knows  better this part of
acquisition literature can provide me with the information, and I will post a
summary later.

Best,
Yi-ching Su

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

                       Fund Drive 2016