28.2916, Calls: Applied Ling/Netherlands

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 4 19:49:22 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2916. Tue Jul 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2916, Calls: Applied Ling/Netherlands

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 15:49:03
From: Maaike van Naerssen [m.j.van.naerssen at hum.leidenuniv.nl]
Subject: Anéla Applied Linguistics Conference 2018

Full Title: Anéla Applied Linguistics Conference 2018

Date: 01-Jun-2018 - 02-Jun-2018
Location: Egmond aan Zee, Netherlands
Contact Person: Maaike van Naerssen
Meeting Email: anela.conference2018 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://anela.nl/en/activiteiten/anela-conferentie

Call Deadline: 25-Sep-2017

Meeting Description:

The 9th Anéla conference will take place Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd of June
2018 in Hotel Zuiderduin (Egmond aan Zee, Netherlands).

Applied linguistics is here broadly defined as linguistics with an interest in
social issues, and in the service of society. We therefore welcome
contributions from all areas of applied linguistics, including:

- second language acquisition
- variational sociolinguistics and dialectology
- interactional sociolinguistics and conversation analysis
- discourse analysis
- cognitive linguistics
- psycholinguistics
- pragmatics
- linguistic ethnography
- interpreting and translation research

and dealing with a broad range of topics, including:

- language and education
- bilingualism and multilingualism
- multilingual communication
- intercultural communication
- literacy
- language planning and policy
- language contact and change
- language acquisition and attrition
- language assessment
- translation
- computer mediated communication
- globalization and language
- diversity and inequality

Call for Papers:

We invite you to submit proposals for contributions in the form of a poster,
presentation, paper or colloquium. The deadline for proposals is September 25,
2017.

Please do not hesitate to contact the conference organization at:
anela.conference2018 at gmail.com

Looking forward to an inspiring conference!