28.2924, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition/Portugal

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 4 19:55:28 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2924. Tue Jul 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2924, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition/Portugal

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 15:55:14
From: Jorge Pinto [iaml3conference2018 at letras.ulisboa.pt]
Subject: 2018 IAM L3 Conference

Full Title: 2018 IAM L3 Conference

Date: 13-Sep-2018 - 15-Sep-2018
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Contact Person: Jorge Pinto
Meeting Email: iaml3conference2018 at letras.ulisboa.pt
Web Site: https://iam.wildapricot.org/2018-IAM-L3-Conference

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 30-Oct-2017

Meeting Description:

The 11th International Conference on Multilingualism and Third Language
Acquisition will be held at University of Lisbon in September 13-15, 2018. We
welcome original and previously unpublished papers on research on the
acquisition or use of three or more languages.

Call for Papers:

The 11th International Conference on Third Language Acquisition and
Multilingualism will be held at the University of Lisbon.

We welcome abstracts for individual papers in parallel sessions and thematic
symposia, and for posters.
Individual papers will be assigned 30 minutes: 20 minutes for the presentation
and 10 minutes for questions and discussion. Thematic Symposia will focus on
one specific topic and will bring together key contributions to the topic.
Posters should be in portrait orientation, max A0 size (=84,1 x 118,9 cm).
Abstracts for individual papers, thematic symposia and posters should be sent
in English. The abstract  (max 300 words, including examples and excluding
title and references, in Times New Roman, 12 pt.) should be submitted no later
than 30 October 2017 via Easyabs
(http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/iaml3conf2018).
An individual may appear as first author only once on the programme, in
addition to a possible role as thematic symposium organiser or co-author of
another paper.
All abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by the scientific committee.
Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be sent before 31 January 2018.

Topics include third language acquisition and multilingualism in relation to:
- Acquisition of L3, L4, Ln
- Multiple language acquisition in multilingual contexts
- Psycho- and neurolinguistics of multilingualism
- Speech processing in multilinguals
- Affect (attitudes, emotions)
- Mobility and migration of multilinguals
- Multilingual cultures
- (Educational) Language policies
- Literacy in multiple languages (pluriliteracy)
- Standards, assessment and evaluation
- Education and immersion in multiple languages
- Translation, interpreting, and mediation

This conference aims at joining together researchers from different fields of
linguistics and language education that address topics related to acquiring,
processing, using and teaching/learning multiple languages. Thus, we expect
the meeting to contribute to advance our understanding of multilingualism
settings.
Therefore, we welcome original and previously unpublished research on the
acquisition or use of three or more languages and their learning/teaching
strategies.

Keynote Speakers:
Jasone Cenoz (University of the Basque Country)
Raphael Berthele (University of Fribourg)
Ana Carvalho (University of Arizona)