28.2930, Qs: Heaps good?! 10-min survey on present-day English

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 4 20:04:19 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2930. Tue Jul 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2930, Qs: Heaps good?! 10-min survey on present-day English

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 16:04:14
From: Romina Buttafoco [romina.buttafoco at uni-bamberg.de]
Subject: Heaps good?! 10-min survey on present-day English

As part of a PhD project that investigates how speakers of different English
varieties use informal language, this online survey takes a closer look at how
expressions involving “heaps”, “tons” or “loads” are used when talking to
different people (i.e. friends, elderly relatives, superiors/ teachers and
strangers).
It shouldn’t take more than 10 mins to fill in the questionnaire. I’m trying
to find people from all ages and all walks of life and am incredibly grateful
for every single response – so please feel free to participate yourself and/
or to pass on the link to friends, relatives, acquaintances, etc. who may be
willing to donate 10 mins of their time.

If you are a native(-like) speaker of English and would like to help me,
please follow this link:
https://eng-ling.uni-bamberg.de/pde

Thanks heaps!
Romina Buttafoco