28.3018, Jobs: Korean; Russian; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Linguist, Lionbridge Tampere

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 11 18:31:03 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3018. Tue Jul 11 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3018, Jobs: Korean; Russian; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Linguist, Lionbridge Tampere

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 14:30:55
From: Elisabetta Gaglione [elisabetta.gaglione at lionbridge.com]

University or Organization: Lionbridge Tampere
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Linguists and computational linguists
Job Rank: Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax

Required Language(s): Korean (kor)
                      Russian (rus)

Join our multi-cultural team working on the cutting-edge Machine Intelligence
projects! We are looking for Korean and Russian linguists for our ongoing and
future projects. We are looking for both general linguists and computational
linguists for different roles in these projects.

Requirements:

- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in general linguistics, computational
linguistics, or related
- Native language: Korean and Russian
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in annotation (POS)/syntax (grammar dependency) related work is a
plus
- Programming skills are a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time on freelancer basis
- Availability: not less than 5 hours a day

Projects description: this is a Part-of-Speech (POS) tag annotation and
validation project for the development of a machine learning based POS tagger.

Projects schedule: depends on language.

Location specificity:

Korean linguist(s) located in Korea with an availability between morning and
early afternoon;
Russian linguist(s) located in US or Asia time zones (Russian or European time
zones are unfortunately not suitable for this task)

Please send the application with the hourly rate request and your CV to the
application email below.

Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase
international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage
their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud
technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional
cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content
management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand
consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points
of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains
solution centers in 28 countries.

Email Address for Applications: elisabetta.gaglione at lionbridge.com
Contact Information:
	Elisabetta Gaglione