28.2524, Qs: How do you say The LINGUIST List in your language?

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 8 15:52:50 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2524. Thu Jun 08 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2524, Qs: How do you say The LINGUIST List in your language?

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 11:52:40
From: The LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear LINGUIST List readers,

Thank you for reading us daily (or less often) through the website, the
mailing lists, Social Media etc! We're writing to you to tell you about an
opportunity to leave your mark on the LINGUIST List website.

Did you know that our 1990's website was developed by a team of enthusiastic
Linguistics students under the wing of Helen Dry and Anthony Aristar (more
about our history here: https://linguistlist.org/about.cfm#history)? As time
goes by, it is time for us to develop a new look! And in fact, a new Website
is in the making -- have a peak here: https://new.linguistlist.org/!

We still have some work to do before officially launching it, and we're now
writing to you  to let you know about an amazing chance to contribute to the
new LINGUIST List website!

Here is our question: how does our name, ''The LINGUIST List'', translate in
your native language? We're curious about all languages, official or not,
remote and small or spoken by half of the world! If some would call your
native language a dialect, we are still interested! (Note: we're not curious
about how it is automatically translated by a machine :) please just send us
your native language!)

To answer, simply follow this link to a very simple form:
https://goo.gl/forms/tAcl9CL7fx6jsQwo2

Thank you for your contribution. We look forward to reading your answers!

Linguistically yours,

The LINGUIST List crew

          http://multitree.org/