28.2527, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/Colombia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 8 15:59:07 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2527. Thu Jun 08 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2527, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/Colombia

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 11:58:58
From: José Aldemar Álvarez V. [jose.aldemar.alvarez at correounivalle.edu.co]
Subject: 52nd Asocopi Annual Congress

Full Title: 52nd Asocopi Annual Congress

Date: 12-Oct-2017 - 14-Oct-2017
Location: Cali, Colombia
Contact Person: Miryan Vera
Meeting Email: asocopicolombia at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.asocopi.org/es/ipaginas/ver/7/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2017

Meeting Description:

Organized by the Colombian Association of English language teachers (ASOCOPI),
the 52nd Asocopi Annual Congress aims at improving the teaching of English in
Colombia. Through its history, the association has been at the forefront of
innovations, new trends, and best practices.

Being aware that teaching a language goes beyond teaching structures, tenses,
nouns, adjectives, the four skills, and competences, this year the central
topic of the conference is ELT Classroom Practices and the Construction of
Peace and Social Justice.

The spirit of this year´s congress is to bring together all those experiences
in which teachers use the English class and the English language as a vehicle
to explore issues of inclusion, of acknowledgment of diversity, of how peace
is lived and understood in different contexts and regions in the country. As
such we will be happy to receive contributions that adopt different
pedagogical and research approaches to systematize all those practices carried
out by English teachers.

International speakers:
-David Block
ICREA - Universitat de Lleida
-Miriam Eisenstein Ebsworth
University of New York - Steinhardts
-Shirley Steinberg
University of Calgary
-Manka Varghese
University of Washington

Call for Papers:

Last year we introduced two colloquia and this year we are bringing this space
again. Scholars interested in putting colloquia together should send the theme
for their colloquia and short abstracts of each one of the papers that will
take part in them.

Papers and colloquia can be in one of these strands:

- Social justice
- Language policies
- Inclusion
- Interculturality
- Bilingualism
- ICTs/CALL/CMC
- Identity
- Gender studies
- Evaluation
- Pedagogical innovations
- Teacher's development

Visit the following link to submit your proposal:
http://www.asocopi.org/es/ipaginas/ver/7/