28.2747, Calls: General Linguistics / Toronto Working Papers in Linguistics (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 19 16:21:45 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2747. Mon Jun 19 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2747, Calls: General Linguistics / Toronto Working Papers in Linguistics (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:21:40
From: Ruth Maddeaux [ruth.maddeaux at mail.utoronto.ca]

Full Title: Toronto Working Papers in Linguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Sep-2017

The Toronto Working Papers in Linguistics (TWPL) is currently accepting
submissions for a special volume on Indigenous languages (Volume 39). As 2017
marks 150 years of Canadian federation, we resist the celebration of these
lands' colonial legacy and invite papers from any discipline intersecting with
linguistics and language research that is with and for Indigenous languages
and speakers, with particular focus on Indigenous languages of what is now
Canada. Submissions that connect to any of the following areas of linguistics
are welcome, including, but not limited to:

- Theoretical: phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics
(particularly within a generative framework)
- Language variation: sociolinguistics, dialectology, language variation &
change
- Psycholinguistics: comprehension and production, language acquisition
- Language revitalization: documentation, teaching and resource development,
maintenance

Submissions from students, faculty, and Indigenous authors regardless of
institutional affiliation are encouraged. We accept submissions in English and
French, although our capacity to process French submissions may be limited by
our pool of available editors.

The deadline for submission is September 1st, 2017. Suggestions for the
volume's title are also welcome.

To submit, visit our website (http://twpl.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/twpl),
create a login, and follow the submission instructions. Papers submitted by
email will not be considered. The TWPL style guides for both Microsoft Word
and LaTeX are available on the website.

Please contact us at twpl at utoronto.ca with any questions. We look forward to
your submissions.

          http://multitree.org/