28.2866, Qs: Grammatical analysis at school

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 29 17:27:44 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2866. Thu Jun 29 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2866, Qs: Grammatical analysis at school

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:27:37
From: Dick Hudson [dick at ling.ucl.ac.uk]
Subject: Grammatical analysis at school

Do you know of any country where school children learn some kind of formal
system for showing the grammatical structure either of words or of sentences?
I already have quite a lot of information about a few countries at
http://dickhudson.com/sentence-diagramming/, but even in Western Europe I know
nothing about most countries. I'm especially keen to hear about Eastern
Europe, but I'm interested in every country.

What I'd like, if possible, is concrete examples, e.g. scanned pages from
exercise books. Unfortunately I don't read most languages so I'd value
translations for key passages.

Anything you send me will go on my website, so this is a kind of international
archive of information. Of course I'd also be delighted to know of any similar
collections elsewhere.

Best wishes, Dick Hudson