28.2868, Qs: Call for participation: Learning foreign languages

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 29 17:28:22 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2868. Thu Jun 29 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2868, Qs: Call for participation: Learning foreign languages

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:28:16
From: Jean-Marc Dewaele [j.dewaele at bbk.ac.uk]

Dear colleagues, students, friends, foreign language learners,

Peter MacIntyre and myself have been collaborating on emotions in the foreign
language classroom, focusing on individual differences in both positive
(enjoyment) and negative (anxiety) emotions of foreign language learners
(Dewaele & MacIntyre 2014, 2016, Dewaele, MacIntyre, Boudreau & Dewaele 2016).
The present questionnaire focuses on motivation in the learning of foreign
languages and the potential link with a wider range of learners’ emotions.  We
hope to recruit as many learners as possible from all over the world.  The
only requirement is that they must have been enrolled in a foreign language
class in the past few months.  We’ll be eternally grateful if you know
somebody who fits this profile and you forward them this call!  We intend to
leave the questionnaire online until mid September 2017.
The findings will find their way into our future conference presentations and
papers which will appear here.

Many thanks in advance!

Professor Jean-Marc Dewaele & Professor Peter MacIntyre

https://goo.gl/forms/H8Q1KC9aPNJuq2uG2

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science