28.2870, Qs: Call for participants - UK L1 and L2 speakers of English

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 30 15:55:33 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2870. Fri Jun 30 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2870, Qs: Call for participants - UK L1 and L2 speakers of English

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:55:27
From: Phoebe Moxsom-Turnbull [pmoxso01 at mail.bbk.ac.uk]

Hi friends, colleagues and linguistics enthusiasts,

I am an MA student in the department of Applied Linguistics and Communication
at Birkbeck, University of London and I am seeking participants for my
dissertation research. Under the supervision of Professor Jean-Marc Dewaele, I
am doing a study into how people's responses to a speaker differ depending on
language and cultural differences.

I am looking for responses from people who speak English as a foreign
language, and who currently live in the UK. If you meet this criteria and
would be willing to help please take one of the following surveys:

Language survey with video -  https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3W7GYBN. This
should take about 12 minutes and needs to be taken on a computer or tablet in
a quiet place or with headphones.

Language survey, text only - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GSMC9M8. This
should also take about 12 minutes and no sound is needed.

I am also seeking responses from British people who have grown up speaking
English as their first language (or one of their first languages if they are
bilingual) and currently live in the UK. If you meet this criteria and would
be willing to help please take this Language survey for British people -
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8L27FHJ. It should take about 5 minutes and
needs to be taken on a computer or tablet in a quiet place or with headphones.

Please also feel free to forward this call on to others you think may be
interested in participating.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)