28.1070, Confs: Applied Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 2 20:06:36 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1070. Thu Mar 02 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1070, Confs: Applied Linguistics/USA

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 15:06:27
From: Rebecca Sachs [rsachs at viu.edu]
Subject: Conference on Language, Learning, & Culture: Enhancing & Advancing Teacher Education

Conference on Language, Learning, & Culture: Enhancing & Advancing Teacher Education
Short Title: CLLC 2017

Date: 07-Apr-2017 - 08-Apr-2017
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Contact: Kevin Martin
Contact Email: cllc at viu.edu
Meeting URL: https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/

Enhancing and Advancing Teacher Education: Professional Identities,
Communities, Beliefs, and Practices

In the spirit of promoting self-driven, collaborative, meaningful, and
sustainable professional development, this year's Conference on Language,
Learning, and Culture focuses on the professional identities, communities,
beliefs, and practices of educators and how they can all be harnessed to
enhance and advance the lifelong learning we recognize as the ideal meaning of
the phrase ''teacher education''.

Our goal is to involve pre- and in-service teachers, teacher educators,
administrators, researchers, and other professionals at all stages of their
careers in a multidirectional sharing of expertise and experiences that will
contribute to future exploratory practice and professional growth.

We are honored to welcome the following plenary speakers:
https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/plenaries/speakers

- Dr. Elaine Horwitz -- Supporting teacher autonomy through learner-centered
teacher education: An example with language teachers
- Dr. Rashi Jain -- Towards a translingually responsive pedagogy: Implications
for teacher education, practice, and research
- Dr. Joy Peyton -- Cross-national, multi-language professional development
experiences: Challenges and success stories from teachers of adult immigrants

Early registration rates are available until March 5:
https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/registration

We also offer free registration in exchange for volunteering! If you are
interested, please email Leslie Salley at leslie.salley at yahoo.com

We welcome your participation in CLLC 2017!

Program:

The 2017 Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture is just around the
corner!

Please join us at Virginia International University for a conference on
Enhancing and Advancing Teacher Education: Professional Identities,
Communities, Beliefs, and Practices.

The program of presentations is available online:
https://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/schedule

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.