28.1111, Calls: Socioling/Australia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 4 01:09:41 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1111. Fri Mar 03 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1111, Calls: Socioling/Australia

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 20:09:11
From: Felicity Meakins [f.meakins at uq.edu.au]
Subject: NWAV Asia Pacific 5

Full Title: NWAV Asia Pacific 5
Short Title: NWAV-AP5

Date: 31-Jan-2018 - 03-Feb-2018
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact Person: Felicity Meakins
Meeting Email: f.meakins at uq.edu.au
Web Site: http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/nwav-ap5/

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Aug-2017

Meeting Description:

NWAV-AP5 will be held at the University of Queensland on 1-3 February 2018. An
optional Masterclass with Penny Eckert on 31 January 2018 will be run in
conjunction with NWAV-AP5.

The theme of NWAV-AP5 is ‘Language contact and variation’.

Call for Papers:

We invite papers on variation in contact-induced change, the role of variation
in language evolution, and variation in contact languages, as well as other
quantitative papers on linguistic variation in languages of the Asia-Pacific
region.

Please submit a one page abstract (anonymous, 12 point font, inc. references)
via Easy Chair

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.