28.1149, Calls: Typology/Australia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 7 15:32:08 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1149. Tue Mar 07 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1149, Calls: Typology/Australia

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 10:32:02
From: Danielle Barth [danielle.barth at anu.edu.au]
Subject: 12th Conference of the Association for Linguistic Typology 2017

Full Title: 12th Conference of the Association for Linguistic Typology 2017
Short Title: ALT 2017

Date: 11-Dec-2017 - 15-Dec-2017
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Contact Person: Danielle Barth
Meeting Email: alt12.2017 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/

Linguistic Field(s): Typology

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2017

Meeting Description:

The 12th meeting of the Association for Linguistic Typology will be held at
the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia from 12 to 14
December. The preceding day (11) will feature typological teach-ins on three
language families: Australian, Papuan and Austronesian. The Friday after the
conference (15) will be reserved for workshops. In addition to open paper
slots, there will be plenaries given by the Greenberg and Gabelentz Prize
winners, two further plenaries (tba), and a plenary discussion on the past,
present and future of linguistic typology. There will, additionally, be a slot
for poster sessions.

We encourage attendees to come for this whole week.

Final Call for Papers:

Association for Linguistic Typology

Proposal Submission Deadline: 31 March 2017
Notification of Acceptance: 5 May 2017

Abstracts are invited for the 12th conference for the Association for
Linguistic Typology (ALT 2017)  (12-14 December 2017) and workshops (15
December 2017). We welcome abstracts on any aspect of typology. Abstracts
should be submitted through the conference webform. If you have any problems
using this form, please email the conference organisers at
alt12.2017 at gmail.com.

Scholars may submit a maximum of two papers, whether sole authored or
co-authored. This includes submissions to the workshops.

Abstracts may be submitted for the General Session or for one of the
Workshops. Abstracts submitted for a workshop but not accepted there will be
automatically considered for inclusion in the general session. If authors wish
to submit an abstract for a workshop, we encourage them to contact the
workshop organizers ahead of time for advice on workshop coherence.

Proposals will be reviewed by members of the ALT 2017 Program Committee.
Abstracts submitted to a workshop will be jointly reviewed by members of the
ALT 2017 Program Committee and the workshop organisers.

We are welcoming abstracts from all interested people, you do not need to be a
registered member of ALT to submit an abstract. However, by the time of the
ALT conference, all presenters are expected to be members of ALT
(http://www.linguistic-typology.org/join.html).

The conference directly follows the Australian Linguistic Society Conference,
taking place in Sydney the week before.

A limited number of scholarships for researchers are available, applications
also due 31 March 2017.

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/