28.1201, Summer Schools: The 57th Edition of the Summer Courses in Romanian Language, Culture and Civilization and Intensive Romanian Language Courses/Romania

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 9 15:31:04 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1201. Thu Mar 09 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1201, Summer Schools: The 57th Edition of the Summer Courses in Romanian Language, Culture and Civilization and Intensive Romanian Language Courses/Romania

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 10:30:48
From: Gabriela Biris [gabriela.biris at litere.unibuc.ro]

The 57th Edition of the Summer Courses in Romanian Language, Culture and Civilization and Intensive Romanian Language Courses

Host Institution: University of Bucharest
Coordinating Institution: University of Bucharest
Website: http://www.unibuc.ro/e/n/studii/summ-scho/

Dates: 24-Jul-2017 - 06-Aug-2017
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Focus: This Romanian summer course will focus on the acquisition of Romanian language.
Minimum Education Level: Undergraduate

Special Qualifications:
This summer school is aimed at students who are interested in expanding their knowledge of Romanian language in courses on academic level.

Our Intensive Romanian Language Courses are designed according to
a communicational perspective, which means that vocabulary and grammar notions
will be constantly put in relation with interactive purposes. In other words,
we won’t take as a goal the theoretical knowledge of grammar and vocabulary,
but we insist upon the students’ ability to communicate in everyday life. At
the same time, the students will become familiar with the main speech
acts (how to formulate apologies, thanking, congratulating, complimenting,
giving advice, expressing an emotion etc.) and with the Romanians’ cultural
manner of speaking. In line with the European Language Passport, our courses
focus on the four language skills: listening, speaking (spoken interaction,
spoken production), reading, and writing.

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Subject Languages: Romanian

Language Families: Romance

Tuition: 500 EUR

Tuition Explanation: Participation fee includes: participants’ registration, language courses,
lectures, workshops, 2 cocktail parties, Bucharest sightseeing tour, short
trip-tour in Bucharest and surroundings, visit to cultural institutions with
tradition in historical and cultural representation of the Romanian culture
and civilization, 2 day trips (lunch included) during the weekends, cultural
activities specified in the programme, textbooks and auxiliary handouts, the
final language proficiency test and certificate.

Registration: 03-Mar-2017 to 20-Jun-2017

Contact Person: Gabriela Biris
                Email: gabriela.biris at litere.unibuc.ro

Apply on the web: http://www.unibuc.ro/e/n/studii/summ-scho/Application_2015.php

Registration Instructions:
The registration process will require the CV, photocopy of a valid passport
and the proof of 50 euro payment.

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.