28.1228, Fun Fact: Jobs Edition

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 11 19:15:28 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1228. Sat Mar 11 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1228, Fun Fact: Jobs Edition

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 14:14:32
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fun Fact: Jobs Edition

 Hey everyone,

This is Kenneth with another fun fact about the LINGUIST List. As many of you
know, we post job advertisements on the listserv. In fact, in 2016, we posted
around 700 jobs in the field of Linguistics. Amanda Foster and Clare Harshey
work tirelessly to make sure that Jobs are edited and posted.

Jobs are one source of funding for the LINGUIST List. However, the fees we
charge for job postings cannot make up the expenses of all our other services.
We could use your help. If you go to funddrive.linguistlist.org you can make a
difference for us.

Here is a chloropleth map I made in R to help illustrate where a lot of our
jobs are coming from:
http://blog.linguistlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/JobDensity.html

Just shoot me an email if you'd like to see the code I used to make this (ken at linguistlist.org).

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.