28.1236, Announcing: 5 Dollar Day and Lottery!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 13 22:11:36 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1236. Mon Mar 13 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1236, Announcing: 5 Dollar Day and Lottery!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:11:33
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Announcing: 5 Dollar Day and Lottery!

Hi everyone,

We are aware that donating to the LINGUIST List can be taxing to some of the
smaller-sized wallets out there. We love to support every Linguist at any
stage of their career, and that includes a lot of students! That's why we've
decided to put this part of our readership in the spotlight for the
culminatory day of our Fund Drive, Wednesday 15 March, two days from today!
That day, we are organizing a one day special FIVE DOLLAR DAY Lottery game!
Here is how it works:

- That day, you walk by your usual coffee shop. You are about to order your
daily dose of caffeine in the shape of a large caramel latte. You stop and
think: that day, you will only buy a small regular coffee, for a change.
- Instead, you invest the sum of the fancy latte into the LINGUIST List Fund
Drive 5 DOLLAR DAY lottery! Here is the link to donate:
http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/
- Your name is entered into our Special Lottery and you get a chance to win:
Phonetic Transcription in Theory and Practice, by Berry Heselwood (2013),
published by Edinburgh University Press!

For those of you out there who donate 10 dollars or more, your name will not
only be entered into this lottery, but also in our week-long 2nd Lottery of
the LINGUIST List Fund Drive, for which this will be the last day to enter!
(more details about this lottery here:
http://blog.linguistlist.org/uncategorized/the-second-lottery-is-now-open/)

We hope you are as excited as we are about this unique oppotunity to support
us with this 5 DOLLAR DONATION DAY on Wednesday! :)

- the LINGUIST List Student Editors

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.