28.1302, Qs: Linguistic Research on Dyslexia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 16 18:16:27 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1302. Thu Mar 16 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1302, Qs: Linguistic Research on Dyslexia

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:16:02
From: Gloria Cappelli [gloria.cappelli at unipi.it]
Subject: Linguistic Research on Dyslexia

Most of the research published on dyslexia seems to be psycholinguistic or
neurolinguistic in nature. Not many studies are, to the best of my knowledge,
carried out from a linguistic perspective. Moreover, most research in foreign
language learning and dyslexia focuses on English. I was wondering whether
there are other linguists out there studying dyslexia from a linguistic
perspective (e.g. vocabulary knowledge and learning in people with dyslexia,
pragmatic skills and dyslexia, language learning and dyslexia in languages
other than English). Nowadays, we seem to have reached a good level of
understanding of the cognitive and biological nature of the deficit, but its
linguistic nature seems to be somewhat neglected in the literature. I would be
very thankful if other linguists working in this field could point me towards
studies in this area. Thank you.

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/