28.1422, Qs: Reception of Harald Weinrich's Work

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 21 20:47:58 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1422. Tue Mar 21 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1422, Qs: Reception of Harald Weinrich's Work

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:47:52
From: Wido van Peursen [w.t.van.peursen at vu.nl]
Subject: Reception of Harald Weinrich's Work

Dear all,

In Biblical Hebrew linguistics there is a school of thought (its
reprsentatives include Wolfgang Schneider, Alviero Niccacci, Eep Talstra) that
is deeply influenced by Harald Weinrich’s monograph ''Tempus. Besprochene und
erzählte Welt'' (1964). However, outside this group of Hebrew scholars I never
meet linguists who follow in Weinrich’s footsteps regarding, e.g. his view on
(or rather denial of) the verb forms as expressing tense and/or aspect. Can
anyone inform me about the reception of Weinrich’s work on German, French and
Spanish, in Germanic, Romanic or general linguistics?

Thanks!

Wido van Peursen
Eep Talstra Centre for Bible and Computer, VU Amsterdam

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories
                     Syntax
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics

Language Family(ies): Romance

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.